Membership Categories & Voting Rights
Become a Member of ACVS!
ACVS is a network of individuals and agencies that provide services and support to crime victims. We are a membership organization whose strength and vitality comes from its broad membership base comprised of both governmental and nonprofit organizations committed to improving the lives of victims of crime. We encourage you to join us and be part of this dynamic group of individuals and agencies working to promote and protect victims’ rights while ensuring that victims are provided the best professional advocacy services possible. For a list of all of our meeting dates and times, please go to the About Us page of our website.
- Electronic updates with information on the victims’ rights movement including national, state and local programs, events, and policy issues, trainings and conferences, grant updates and funding opportunities and legislative updates
- Discounts on training, including the academies
- Continuous learning and networking opportunities
Membership Period and Duration
Membership payment is for the fiscal year July 1st through June 30th. Memberships purchased during the last quarter of our fiscal year will include the following year at no additional cost.
There are two categories of membership for ACVS, all of which support our mission, goals and philosophy to support victims’ rights and needs. The membership categories are:
Agency Membership: Agency membership shall be open to agencies that provide direct victim assistance, mandated victim notification and/or victim compensation services to crime victims. In order to qualify as a direct service provider, an agency must provide at least one of the following core victim services:
- 24 hour hotline for crime victims
- 24 hour shelter or safe house for crime victims
- Legal, medical, financial or housing advocacy referrals and/or services for victims and their families
- Crisis intervention and/or counseling for adult or child crime victims
- Community education and/or prevention services directed at issues on domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, elder abuse, DUI, and/or hate crimes
- Prosecutorial based advocacy services for misdemeanor and/or felony crime victims
- Mandated victim notification
Other agencies that do not meet these criteria but that support the mission of ACVS may still be granted membership. The agency must indicate why it wants to be a member and its membership application will need to be approved by the majority of the quorum at any meeting.
Dues: Agency Membership dues are $100 per year and each member agency director or his/her designee has one vote.
Individual Membership: Individual memberships shall be open to individuals (not more than one person per membership) who provide direct services to crime victims, survivors of crime and lawful representatives of crime victims as defined by Arizona Revised Statute § 13-4401. Other individuals who do not meet these criteria but who support the mission of ACVS may still be granted membership. The individual must indicate why he or she wants to be a member and his or her membership application will need to be approved by the majority of the quorum at any meeting.
Dues: Individual Membership dues are $50 per year and each individual member has one vote.